Friday, April 12, 2013

GATTACA Summary Questions

2. Would you like to live in a society like GATTACA? Why or why not?
        In my opinion I would only want to live in the GATTACA society if I am one of the top genetically engineered people like Jerome Morrow from the movie. If I was average or a below average person in society I would not like to live in the GATTACA society.

3. Compare and Contrast the "God Child" to the Genetically Engineered Birth.
     A "God Child" is a newborn who is born 100 percent natuarlly, no alterations in birth or while in the fetus of the mother. While a Genetically Enginered Birth is the way birth occurs in the GATTACA society. The babies are born within a lab by knowing the particular genetics and the lifespan of the child right as it is "born". As a "God Child", you are born and have no idea what your genetics will be or when you will die.

4. Do you feel the plot of GATTACA is feasible and would you support it? Why or why not?
     I feel that GATTACA is feasible for 2 particular reasons. The first reason why I think this is a feasible society is because that there have already been a breakthrough with genetically engineered births. In English class we read the book Brave New World, and my teacher told us that scientists have already had genetically engineered a sheep named Holly. Another reason is that this type of society does not seemed too far-fetched for how advanced our technology is. I believe in a matter of time we will begin producing genetically engineered animals and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment